Technology is becoming increasingly necessary in companies’ strategic actions. The Human Resources area is aware of this and is already using several technological means in order to generate more efficient results.
We can mention as an example the Recruitment and Hiring department, which is able now to do not only remote live interviews, but also video curriculum analysis and recorded interviews in its selection processes. This selection format is gaining space and several researches show that the technologies used for these processes are able to generate a significant reduction of time and money.
- Optimises recruiter and hiring manager time;
- Eliminates unnecessary interviews;
- Savings with phone calls in screening via call, unnecessary printings of resumes, expense with structure for face-to-face interviews;
- Greater autonomy in controlling the agenda of the recruiter and hiring manager;
- Increases the reach of potential candidates and more qualified interviews;
- Possibility to maintain the impersonality (Optimises the management of candidate expectations);
- Assertive assessment of oral communication and/or languages skills;
- Improves flexibility for candidates to engage remotely and according to their schedule, while helps to reduce their levels of anxiety;
- Storage and history of analysed profiles being possible to make effective comparisons;
- Profile assessment anytime, anywhere;
- Optimised the evaluation process in remote processes (other states/countries)
Today the most used tools for this type of process are: Zoom, Webex, Teams, Skype, video sending by email, hangout, facetime and some recruitment and selection software. All of these instruments offer ease of manipulation by users, both for the recruiter and the candidate. However, it is important to make candidates aware that, although this is a remote interview, professionalism is essential. Care with dress, behavior and an appropriate place should not deviate from the professional context.
It is important to note that the use of these tools may not completely eliminate the face-to-face interviews. They will help the recruiter to be more assertive and efficient in choosing candidates for the final stage. The objective is to enhance the hiring process, saving time and, consequently, money.
If you are a recruiter and you are reading this text, we invite you to reflect.
- When you see a professional’s profile on Linkedin or CV, wouldn’t it be interesting to have a preview of his presentation (communication, behavioral profile, skills …) before calling him and spending much time?
- How many times did you think during the selection: “I selected the best candidates for the final stages”?. However, in order to get there, you had to spend more than 30 minutes of your time talking to a professional who, in the first 3 minutes, you had realized that he/she was not a fit for the position? Or even worse, not a fit with the company’s culture?
- How many times did you think you made an excellent selection, but the manager ended up having to go through the same situation mentioned earlier because he had no empathy with the person?
‘Well, these issues and pains can be resolved. And among many platforms that do recorded interviews, there is one that besides offering this possibility, it also offers an environment for professionals to record their video curriculum for free. And HRs have free access to these profiles.
With so much information in one place, recruiters are able to better organize their processes, enhance analysis and deliver hires within the required SLA.
Digital is here to stay and this world of options and capabilities adds and evolves our processes. The suggestion is: Enjoy it!